Sunday, November 8, 2015

13: Very safe sex

I think some parents don’t understand how much their behavior influences their children. Take Jay for example.

Jay came to school today and kept fidgeting more than normal. He’d scoot around his chair as if he was totally uncomfortable, and kept adjusting his pants. This became a nuisance in class because some of the others thought he getting away with itching his butt, which is a no-no in our classroom.

I took Jay outside in the hall to ask him what was wrong and why he was fidgeting.

Miss Pell "Why do you keep itching?”
Jay "Cause.”
Miss Pell "Cause why?”
Jay "Cause I’m covered.”
Miss Pell "Cause you’re what?”
Jay "I’m covered. I’m safe. I can be around Anni and the other girls now.”

Not knowing what he was talking about, I called two male teachers to come down and asked them to walk Jay into the nurse’s office to investigate. They came back 10 minutes later with grins.

Apparently, Jay’s older brother, who is in a normal class, told Jay that in order for him to be around girls, he needed to be covered. That is, he needed to wear a condom. Otherwise the girls would get pregnant.

I guess his brother put a condom on him the night before and Jay thought it stayed on until you wanted to get a girl pregnant, so he never took it off.

I called his parents and told them to have a talk with their sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment