Sunday, November 8, 2015

14: This Pie Tastes Funny

Earlier today I had a moment of peace. My kids were pre-occupied with coloring and being angels for once. I had cut out huge leaves for them and they were given red and brown crayons to color them with for the fall. I think recess had them all semi-tired and that is why they were cooperating, except for Steve, who was just sitting in his chair drooling on his leaf.

My TA came into the class with a small brown paper bag. In it was a small scented candle. Pumpkin Pie scented to be exact. When she handed me the bag, the kids could not sit still wondering what was in the bag. I told them it was a candle. A scented one. I told them it smells like pumpkin pie, but it isn’t made out of pumpkin pie.

This amazed them. They had to smell it. I unwrapped the candle to let the fragrance out and passed it around the room. The kids had fun smelling it and passing it along, until it got to Sara. She smelled it, looked at it, smelled it, and looked at it. I could see the glimmer of “could this be food?” look in her eyes. Before I could run over and grab it from her,

CHOMP!

She took a bite out of the candle. Just chewed the wax until I made her spit it out.

“I like my mom’s pie better,” was her only remark.

I wrapped the candle back in the brown bag and put it in my purse. Tard teeth marks in this candle would surely make for an interesting coffee table discussion.

Image result for pumpkin pie candle

No comments:

Post a Comment